Perth Juice Home

Transform your life
with juice & fasting.

We all know that water is important, but how many of us drink as much as we should? Ideally, you should be drinking 40ml per kg of body weight (go on, get your calculator out!)

Here are just a few snippets of information that might give you that little nudge to drink a bit more:

Most mature adults lose about 2.5 to 3 litres of water per day. Are you replacing your water loss? (Source: betterhealth.gov.au)

- On average food provides about 20% of your total water intake, while the remaining 80% comes from drinking water. (Source: kidney.org.au)

- An air traveller can lose approximately 1.5 litres of water during a three-hour flight - so make sure you’ve got a bottle with you! (Source: betterhealth.gov.au)

- By the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. (Source: livestrong.com)

- Low energy, loss of muscle strength and endurance, and feeling tired are symptoms of dehydration. Do you experience any of these? (Source: livestong.com)

- A sense of hunger is a side effect of dehydration. Are you really hungry when you reach for that snack, or are you dehydrated? (Source: livestrong.com)

Here are some easy tips to increase your water intake one day at a time:-

- Download the app Water Lite or Waterlogged to keep track of your daily intake.

- Add natural flavour to your water with slices of fruit and veg. Try strawberries, green apple and basil, lemon and lime or watermelon and mint, just to name a few combinations.

- Keep a big jug on your desk at work and a bottle in your bag so water is always within reach.

- Have a glass of water as soon as you wake up – this will get you off to a good start for the day.

- Drink a glass of water with every meal.

- Match each tea, coffee, wine, beer etc, with a glass of water.

- If you’re not a fan of tap water, invest in a water filter to improve the taste. Something as simple as a Brita filter bottle will do the trick!

Love, light and hydration, Angie. x